2012年10月17日星期三

Chinese Tea Eileen Chang Yi Hu Shi 's famous classic Essay Network 6946

Eileen Chang - Yi Hu Shih

1954 autumn,

I was in Hong Kong Send this Yangko to Hu Shih, also wrote a text message, did not leave the papers, roughly hope this book is a bit like his assessment dull and nearly natural. Received a reply has been solemnly collection, but moving too many times in recent years, and finally lost. Fortunately, a friend-generation ever copied a copy She also holds as follows: the Ailing Ms.:

Thanks for your letter of October 25, and the novel Ask you to excuse me for this Xu Jiumei to write to you. The Yangko, I carefully read it twice, and I am very pleased to be able to see the works of great literary value. You say This novel, from start to finish, write .

you write Yuexiang home after Dayton 1 Later, Mr. Gu plus one from city to endure not hungry, you write him back situation steal the town brought back something, so I really admire. I admire you write him out to throw of eggshells and Zaohe the period of most, and never noticed (small Ma Bing) the eating up porphyrin laugh porphyrin laugh sound so much Perhaps there are people in these paragraphs is easy to appreciate. Following to write A trick to beating a period, I'm afraid that the reader may not necessarily read will be able to understand.

you write human, very detailed, can be dull and nearly natural realm. 131-132 page write that quilts, such as the 175,189 page written piece of cotton-padded jacket, are very successful. 189 write a section of cotton-padded jacket is really well written, and I was very moved. After the publication of your novel, any comments? I really want to know one or two.

your English this, I must pay special attention to the future.

the

Chinese this I ask you to multi to Send twenty-three Originally, I want to introduce to some of my friends to see.

160

book 76

The say more

is the one who will not do the literary and artistic creation nonsense, you do not laugh at. I read your letter of October said a long time ago, I read what you write , read many times before and after I do not know, if you think you get a lot of benefits. If I advocate the effect of two novel single-ended you the Yangko, I should be very satisfied.

before you in this novel, and also what's written books? Such as when it is convenient, I would like to see. The hastily Ping'an Hu Shi Sincerely, one thousand nine hundred fifty-five a. 25 (old calendar day after the New Year)

The fitness of Mr.

plus circle seems to dual-use, and sometimes good sentence plus circle, sometimes heavier tone, like the Western text below plus thick stick. Mentioned the plus thick stick, twenty, punctuation of the 1930s, the left side of the first are geographical names plus the line of a straight line, very eye-catching, do not know why abolished later, I have been sorry. Text and unlike other countries can be capitalized. This letter is still Yuexiang. The title of the left and the line of the curve, and later general quotation number. The fitness of the President with the quotation number, and forgotten about, still with a single line curve. In my opinion the signs of the times are

my second letter papers received significant pay his friend, so still in luck: Mr. Sik:

receive your letter, I'm glad the extreme, it is a very big honor. I thank you Yangko seen as carefully, you pointed out that 76 Syria Shamin past that period can be deleted, and indeed should delete. That whole chapter is barely fill out. As to why Tim said that reason is complex. I initially because Yangge This for me is doubly difficult, because the English have never written a thing, so really under a lot of hard work. Writing, the only two-thirds. Sent to the agent, too short that no one is willing to publishing such a short novel. So I have added the first two chapters (Originally from Chapter incense in their hometowns beginning), Syria Comrade Wang in the past history of the chapter, the butcher chapter. Later also complement wrote in the last chapter, when translated into Chinese did not have time to be added.

Tan aunt

160 pages claiming to be 81 years old, 205 said that her 68-year-old, it is the letter I nonsense because she supplicate to the soldiers, but also like Beggar always said aging mother. I shall explain in the book. You asked about the reaction of the critics here Yangge Had two criticism by anti-communist focus, pay attention to how the story itself does not. I sent five Division song. Other works, I did not want to sent, because it is bad - definitely not his kind words, it is bad. But since you asked, I sent to you casually looking through, could not stand it and then put it down. A collection of short stories, written a decade ago, and reprinted in Hong Kong last year. Collection of essays There is also a Sales although unlike Often the things that I found to accommodate. Awaken the marriage I often uneven for them, always feel that they should be world famous. The nature of the defect, but in any case, are not the complete works. I have been a volunteer, and hope in the future the can Inside the dialogue the tone very difficult translation, but not absolutely not translatable. I did not want to be brought here, because you will be worried about or think I take things too easy, would spoil the original. But I only have a desire, in front of me, or would like to write a little something. If one day I'm going to implement, will be translated first half to send back to let you see it work. I wish nearly good Eileen Chang February 20

in November of the same year, I went to New York soon, we went to see Mr. Sik, to go along with a Ceylon friend Fatima. Street row of white cement box house doorway emerged stairs, Hong Kong apartment, basking in the sun in the afternoon, I have little trance, as if still in Hong Kong. On the floor, the furnishings looked familiar very. Fitness of Mr. robed sub. His wife a little Anhui accent, I listen more to feel familiar. Diana's round face, she could see the appearance of the year, two-handed cross-holding standing local, the attitude is a little jerky, I think she may always be a student of Mr. Sik. I to read immediately think about their happiness customary marriage rare example. They both liked Fatima asked her where.

her Mandarin to answer, but she left Shanghai for a long time, it does not say.

sipping a glass bulb with green tea, I have not the door there is the temporal and spatial overlap feeling thicker. I see Hu Shih text His Xiepu tide Xingshi Buy back holding a look at my brother could not bear to let go, I suddenly generous, give him a look at the first two, from the third this look, read research generally has been little known. After several years when the air defense members in Hong Kong War, stationed in the Fung Ping Shan Library found a Xingshi Filled with anti-aircraft guns on the roof, bombing targets, dolphin bombs came crashing down, the more down the closer. I just want to: at least when I read it.

a library to see, with my father during the later siblings had a falling out not between

my aunt, my father once Niuni smiled and grunted: Teng Hu Shi returned to post-war newspaper photo, I do not remember or disembark the plane, smiling, laughing like a cat face child, the name of a large dot butterfly bow tie, she looked and laughed said, Hu Shi's so young,{tea}!

day after I Fatima Been, Fatima asked around, said to me: Internally since the May Fourth Movement, confined to external input. I think not only our generation and the previous generation, and even the next generation on the continent,Dahongpao, despite the anti-Hu Shi when many young people no longer know in anti-something, I think that as long as there are psychologists Rong (Jung) so-called national memories of such things, like Wing and Freud par. Can not help but think of Freud come up, Moses was Israel destroyed. After they hesitate to say that the era for a long time and still believe in his upside down.

I later went to have seen Mr. Hu Shi once sat in the study, the entire one wall slip shelves, although it is also very simple, it seems that the custom almost high Sarkozy roof, but did not put the book all piles file clip, most mess exposed length sub paper. Finishing up the time required effort, so when I saw him on palpitations.

with the fitness of Mr. Tan, as the gods. More specific, like to write something when stopped the blank days looking at the window, just closer to the real. Let's talk about the continent, Mr. Sik said, I paused and did not answer, because the books since the mid-30 a few years since, felt the pressure of the left, from the instinctive antipathy, but like everything the trend, and I will always be outside, but I know it's affect more than in like Western leftists limited to 1931 ○ era. Moran, Mr. Sik immediately Lianyi Chen, change the subject. I just remember that he too can not speak, thus Terrier Terrier in the heart paragraphs. He added: Time I though often to the municipal library, but also did not find the book to a large library habits, not to mention tourism. Mr. Sik see immediately added to go elsewhere.

he speaks to his father recognized my grandfather, my grandfather seems to help his father, a small busy. I connected this story do not remember, seemed ridiculous. The reason is that we the family never Tizu parent. Sometimes listen to my father, I watched And later heard him talk a relative, defense impossible East Weng's daughter Qianya Fang and saw that poem is not her doing. I think it is just details. Over the day to ask him anything else about his grandfather, he said inquiries by telling her: The allusions is both more numerous names, letters are some homemade. Several sets of bindings look confused and can not see behind the scenes things. Embarrassed to ask the teacher seems to like to talk about the family background like.

grandfather died when my aunt, do not know anything, and slightly embarrassed smile, asked: Few erupted into a wall, probably develop a psychological intricate, saw the unofficial grandfather immediately remember a classified official history would have no impression.

Mr. Sik also mentioned not long ago to see my grandfather's Complete Works on a bookstall, did not buy. And that is writing an article for

Thanksgiving day, I told Fatima to an American woman at home to eat, a lot of people, meal roast duck sub eat dark, go out to the streets lights windows, new cold cold storm, especially clean streets dark gray, neon signs special crystal cute, exactly like Shanghai. I am very happy, but the wind blew back on vomiting. Happened to Hu Shih called about, I told them to eat Chinese restaurant. I am told that he just eat the echo spit, he no problem was because of Thanksgiving, the fear of a lonely. In fact, I which what Thanksgiving.

Yan Ying understanding

who lived in a professional female dormitory, I will move to live. Is run by the Salvation Army, the Salvation Army is known for the relief of the poor, who hear will startle laugh, even live there girls lift Samsam the derision with,{Chinese Tea}. The only age restrictions, several fat wife probably has a relationship with the church seems to intend remaining years of the. Steward of the old maid said the lieutenant, Major. The restaurant on behalf Pours Coffee drunk tramp Baoyi (TheBowery), they are temporarily housed, alcoholic, a little old man, blue-eyed white £ £ feebly against the coffee on the stove stood.

look at Hu Shih

one day I asked him to sit to the living room, inside the dark, feet of a school hall, there is a podium, on piano, the audience empty yo old sofa lying. No one, the Director-General who encourage people to drink tea every day, who also refused to go. I was also the first time into the looked reluctantly laughter. But Mr. Sik the direct praise this place is very good. I thought, we Chinese people have conservation. Sat for a while out of his way looking at all sides, still mouthful to say, unlike the perfunctory words. May think I have no vanity. I have not figured it out, and only immediately thought of him to write his student days in the United States, one night to attend the revival will be the case of sectarian bonfire party.

me to the big door, stood on the steps to speak. Cold, wind, blowing across the street from He Zhen Jiang. Mr. Sik looked at the corner exposed corner of an empty pound gray river, on the river fog, do not know how smiling, always looking to see Zhengzhu. He scarves wrapped straitly, neck shrinking in black coat of Banjiu, thick shoulder, head and face, and entire cemented a bronze bust. I suddenly burst awe-inspiring, thinking: the original is really like they say. I always believe that all idols have clay feet I came out wearing the coat, Heating too hot inside,Red Tea, wearing only pieces of a large dug-neck summer clothing, the idea is not cold, stood a long time only to feel the wind whiz. I followed smiling looking over the river, but if there is a burst of Mening blown out from the depths of the times, across the galaxy, blowing my eyes open. That is the last time I saw Mr. Sik. I moved to New England in February, several years blocked messages. In 1958, I applied to the Southern California Hang enjoy the Tuen · Hartford Foundation to live for six months, AP supermarkets descendants Office of the arts as a field, is a seaside valley of Modern Korea, the year before shut the door and lose the five hundred thousand, the newspaper said. I wrote to Mr. Sik secured, he promised, and the way to three or four years ago, I sent him the I looked really shock, gratitude speechless, and the write are unable to write.

wrote a short message to thank him, do not remember what I read Hu Shi returned to Taiwan messages. They separated better when I saw the bad news, only irresolute. Already historical figures? I was however thinking, speech at the banquet after the sudden death, is the former so-called die a natural death, really lucky. His man should.

until last year, I think the translation of Often behind the eyes I think about it a while hot tears Liu Buchu. If not now have the opportunity to translation of the book, did not write this stuff, because the kind of sorrowful anxiety and terror too, want to want are reluctant towards the top.

Flowers of Shanghai Yadong edition with a few pages of the dictionary, I see this book initially completely understand the Shanghai dialect, not laborious. But in 1935, East Asia edition also like the original in 1894, out of print. Probably still interested in the relationship, too owe legend and sentimental ① The. Anglo-American readers have their preferences, but the larger impact of their critics, reading and more knowledgeable relatively easy to meet. 19th century British writer George package soft (GeorgeBorrow), novel little people know - I can not look at - but so far the United States has often been speaking up are George package soft fans, each other pleased.

If you tell them to China's past achievements in the novel no less than painting porcelain, who also do not believe that an air exposed. Say Chinese poetry, still enigmatic. Some people say that poetry is not recite. Novel only of the Give international status it deserves, only as a crippled artwork removed forty plus original outcome research. 85 back twelve or thirteen, when for the first time to see, is stone hard copy, see The most strange is that The Bao Dai met stiff one game themselves feel full not taste. Many years later that I learned that others on behalf of continued, can sympathize with the author of such as the thorn in the side to find some excuse to explain their attitude Why change the hastily ended that conversation. Wait until the gem crazy easy to handle. Time I how significant can not think of another person wrote, I just know would rather turn to the front, so that some see me jump off the line of poetry. Heard of some people in the United States, Also like to buy antique pay attention to the year. The structure of the most conceited, it touches on the common Western novels. Characterized by extreme economy, to read like a screenplay, only dialogue with a small amount of action. Write dark, line drawing, and casually drop traces, woven into the texture of the lives of ordinary people, unrefined, slight breeze, many things were muddy feel. So, although the subject matter is 80 years ago, Shanghai prostitutes home, no brilliant sense of differences and and condition flavor of everyday life, all I have read the book.

Mr. Hu Shi's research pointed out that this book wrong in the middle of the celebrities and beauties Assembly don Park. I think the author is not only to insert the poetry JiuLing his own proud, but also said he would write Daguanyuan like meteorological. Any good society the novelist - social novel was later reduced to a shady novel, perhaps should shine ovalofman-ners as a particularly sensitive to these places, so the concept of class sometimes very deep, which is a bit snobbish. Of the stigma of the financial potential monstrous Qi Yun Sou and Sarkozy government honest and upright official, written them everywhere superior to lose really.

steward small praise this figure, in addition to To insert a daisy poetry, is like Only fifty-third back Qi Yun Sou and saw small praise in the garden, and people will be private, who did not see clearly. The title of pointing to a couple, while not below from this, only brought Postscript on the future Girl come with go, but name only, too write too enough. Of possession scintillation repeatedly by Hong awoke implicitly have a sense of proportion, buckle very accurate, this is the only example of the failure. My translation of deleting a few times in this section is also included, still according to the original lines prosthesis.

girls

like of Zhao Erbao as much for fun, aggressive and depravity. And she still became a tragic figure. Wang Liansheng suffered Shen little red gas cowardly for her Water actors finally broken, do not live up to expectations, there is a period of time, or come back to her. Last flowing sum this matter to the Love dream shattered realm. Of secular, this place his view the modern world,Tea Sets, which in the old novel is a rare era and nation.

but even since ancient times advocating briefly in China, it has not like him simply beyond simply runs counter to the tradition of the Western novel happens. They always explain to take pains, The name of our They are not any cracks article used to seeing, and sometimes just need a Jin Shengtan step folder assessment folder Note.

Chinese readers have abandoned the two things they can accept? My side doing this work, inevitably faced with these questions, always feel Mr. Sik gone.

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论